Tuesday - September 17, 2012
15.09.2012 - 22.09.2012 65 °F
What a blessing this trip to Ottawa has been. Today we visited a Matthew House satellite. Some of the team did some small jobs around the house. Other visited with C. who will have her first child in two weeks. They shared stories about labor and delivery. How typical of the
Today it rained and rained and rained. We all tromped around with jackets and umbrellas. Lunch was at a buffet in the center of the city, but it was too wet to wander in the shops. Also, to our disappointment, when we arrived at the capitol building, there were no more English tours for the day. We went to the Museum of Civilization which highlighted the history of Canada. In the late afternoon, we returned to Chateauguay, driving in the rain. Dinner was at St. Hubert’s—a chicken restaurant. Very good!
- Scott - During our time in Ottawa we enjoyed the gracious hospitality of the Wyatts, saw first hand the amazing ministry of the Matthew House and experienced one of the most beautiful cities of North America.
- Clara – I was very impressed Kim and Marc, with Matthew House and with the refugees we met.
- Joy – I hope the C. and R. each always have a home filled with laughter and joy.
- Heather – Never forget to seize the opportunity daily to engage in prayer with and for someone.
- Michel – Not only did we engage in hands-on work, but we also experienced hands-on prayer with those we met throughout the day. We found the face of God over and over, and felt His power.
- Barbara – I was repeatedly touched over and over by the lives being changed in many different places, by many different volunteers and staff people. The refugees all were happy to be in Canada and seemed to be at peace with their home and their future.
- Jim – It’s nice to see our annual Global Mission Offering at work. The Matthew House makes good use of our money they receive from Global Mission.